Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation Benjamin D. Black D.C.
Dr. Black was born and raised in Central, La, and graduated from Central High School where he was a member of the football team, choir, and music theatre. While in school Dr. Black endured multiple injuries resulting in 2 shoulder surgeries. Through his recovery, he fell in love with the human body. After his experience with physical therapy he understood that patients need more than a few months of therapy to return to an active lifestyle. His journey took him to a CrossFit gym while in college at Southeastern Louisiana University. He fell in love with human movement, and became a Level 1 CrossFit trainer within a year. Constant functional movement exercise led him to a chiropractor to improve function and decrease pain. The results he received lead him to seek his own career in chiropractic care. He graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College Florida in 2019, and has returned to his home town to serve his community.
Drug Free Relief That Addresses the Source of Your Pain Problem
Chiropractic care is based on the premise that dysfunctional joint motion and imbalances in the spine adversely affect the extremities leading to chronic pain, muscle spasms and can make us more susceptible to injury. Masking chronic pain symptoms with drugs or medications is not the ideal long-term solution. When your quality of life and regular functioning is being affected, consulting with a chiropractor offers benefits that can provide immediate relief and eliminate chronic pain at its source.
Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation has treated a wide range of conditions with advanced chiropractic care that alleviates chronic pain quickly and improves overall health and performance.
Consult with our licensed practitioners for issues including but not limited to:
- Headaches, including migraines
- Numbness or tingling in arms or legs
- TMJ (jaw clenching)
- Upper, middle or lower back pain
- Shoulder, elbow, hand, hip, knee and foot pain
- Sports injuries
- Herniated discs
- Tendonitis or bursitis
- Neck pain
- Carpal or tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Corrective exercise
Using the latest techniques, the Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation team of specialists offer years of experience and safe and effective methods to help you achieve optimal health and a better quality of life.
Consult our chiropractors for a range of therapies that include:
- Spinal Decompression – For those suffering with persistent back pain this treatment method focusses on relieving the pressure on the nerves within the vertebrae.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) – Is the use of measured and carefully applied electric current to stimulate nerves within a broad treatment plan.
- Activator Method – Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation offers a state-of-the-art diagnosis system of the spine that incorporates handheld equipment to aid in achieving relief from chronic pain.
- Custom Orthotics – Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation chiropractors specialize in realigning the joints in the foot and for optimal support and redistribution of force that makes standing, walking or running pain-free.
- Deep Tissue Therapy – Active release treatments are tailored for chronic pain of connective tissues, tendons and ligaments.
- Manipulative Therapy – Qualified evaluation followed by expert hands-on adjustments to mobilize joints and restore peak functioning.
- Exercise Therapy – Central Spine & Sports Rehabilitation chiropractors treat the whole body and design personalized exercise and lifestyle planning to support stability of the spine and enhance athletic performance. Our fully equipped chiropractic center includes a range of state-of-the-art equipment to improve strength and flexibility according to your specific requirements.